What Is Carole Up To Now?

Carole is wandering the world. Having had a couple successful careers, as a software engineer then a technical marketer, it's time to take a sabbatical and plan for the next big thing. New philosphy: "Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

May 24, Tuesday. I go into Munich

The weather started to clear so I decided to go into Munich. I love taking the S-bahn, it is so great to walk a few blocks and get on the train & get into town in minutes with no parking worries. I got off the train at Rosenheimer Platz and popped up above ground to find the park. The chestnut trees are in bloom, and some of them are pink! It was wonderful to sit in the sun by the fountain. I intended to wander around the neighborhood and end up by the Isar river but I got turned around. I passed an Internet café and decided to go in & get online. 2.5 Euro for an hour, pretty good deal.

Once I checked my email, I headed back down the street and quickly found out where I was. I headed to the Viktualien markt - a large outdoor food & produce market with permanent stalls & a beer garden - and bought a Brat, walked around munching it and taking in the sights. I wandered around in the tourist area for a while, then headed back to Rosenheimer Platz and did a bit of grocery shopping in the Hit supermarket in the station.

It sounds like I’m doing a lot of grocery shopping, and so I am. It is taking a while to sort out where in the store things are, and to find what I want. When I’m out on my own, I don’t want to carry too much. And the stores are close, so I stop and get a few things every day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home