What Is Carole Up To Now?

Carole is wandering the world. Having had a couple successful careers, as a software engineer then a technical marketer, it's time to take a sabbatical and plan for the next big thing. New philosphy: "Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Helicopter? At 3:20 a.m.?

June 1, Wednesday. Ugh- at 3:20 this morning the loudest racket woke us up. I thought it was the constructions guys but noticed it was still full dark out. Looked at the clock, nope, not 7 yet! We think it was a helicopter. It sounded like it was buzzing the building.

Then at 5:30 Logan’s alarm went off. He got ready for his 7 a.m. pick up, and was off to Ulm for 3 days of system testing.

I finally staggered out of bed at about 8:30, after trying to ignore the construction noise. Fortunately it is cool enough to keep the window closed. I did a lot of things around the place – several loads of laundry, did some Yoga. I had a late ‘brunch’ on the balcony. There was some excitement across the way, the fire engines screamed up and there were several small conferences between the lady across the way & people in uniform. She kept pointing down to the apartment below hers, and the window down there finally opened and some smoke billowed out. It didn’t seem like a fire through, more like a pot of something had burned.

I decided I really needed some exercise so I went for a long walk. The network of paths around here is amazing. I can get all the way into, and through, Munich on a bike path. Instead, I headed south to explore that direction a bit more. Pretty quickly I was on the outskirts of town, walking past mustard fields. It was a beautiful day and I had a fine walk. (Note to self: remember, they have winter here. Don’t fall in love with the place yet!)

That evening, I spent some time online looking at a site that has furnished places for rent. We need to start looking fast, as the lease on this apartment is up at the end of August. I want to get to where we’ll live for a couple years soon, before I get too settled in here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home