What Is Carole Up To Now?

Carole is wandering the world. Having had a couple successful careers, as a software engineer then a technical marketer, it's time to take a sabbatical and plan for the next big thing. New philosphy: "Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Back on line!

Oh, the connectivity! The phone came on Monday night late, and the DSL came on sometime mid-day today. I love being able to get online again, and at a much better speed than the dial-up.

So, in the past couple weeks I have been working to settle in. Going to the local shops, finding groceries, the vegetable market, the drugstore, etc. I have ridden my bike a few times in English Garden, great paths there and I can easily ride for an hour without retracing my steps.

Last Friday we were invited to join a group of people at a local Mexican place for dinner. These are women who I have met through the International Women’s Club. And they all live nearby now. It was great to get together with 4 other couples and meet their husbands. We had a great time sitting outside, eating and chatting.

Saturday Logan put together the last of the bigger stuff we bought from IKEA – Sunday is quiet day, so no pounding! There was a street fair on Leopold Strasse near us all weekend, so that evening we wandered down and had dinner there & took in the sights. It was like the Saratoga Street Festival, but a couple miles long. Lots of bands, several fire dancers, lots of art & food booths. I loved that we just walked to it.

Sunday we did some local touristing, and visited Schloss Linderhof. One of Ludwig II, King of Bavaria’s 3 castles, this one is south of Munich towards Austria. The day started a bit foggy, but had cleared as we got close. We stopped at a restaurant for lunch and sat outside, enjoying the sun and breeze and the Alps playing peek-a-boo in the fog. It was a short trip from there to the castle, through a lovely small Bavarian village and up into the hills a bit.

Linderhof is exquisite. I have not seen Neuschwanstein yet (the “Cinderella Castle”) but I’m sure my heart is given to Linderhof. It is beautiful, small (ish) and in a spectacular setting. The air was clear and verging on crisp, the grounds lush green from all the rain we’ve been having. I took at least 50 pictures. Will sort through & get the best up soon.

Time to go for now. I’ve made my favorite for dinner – reservations – and need to get ready to go!

2 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, Blogger Elf said...

Welcome back online. :-)

 
At 1:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know we get to comment on your blog. what a comment. so, me too, welcome back to the 21st centry!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home