What Is Carole Up To Now?

Carole is wandering the world. Having had a couple successful careers, as a software engineer then a technical marketer, it's time to take a sabbatical and plan for the next big thing. New philosphy: "Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Whaaaat?

England is out, France beat Brazil ... France beat Brazil!!! I think I've slipped into an alternate dimension where things have gone terribly wrong.

It has been beautiful summer weather here since June 10th. (The second day of World Cup 2006). I feel like I've not taken enough advantage of the weather - have not been out on my bike, nor found a place to splash in the Isar - so I keep reminding myself that it's not been nice for that many days, and the football has been on. I have watched many games, sitting outside in a lovely courtyard. The masses of happy people on the streets after Germany has won have been fun to watch, although I get bored of the chanting and honking after about 30 minutes. But they don't, it goes on for hours.

I am headed back to the U.S. on Tuesday; Rochester NY to be specific. Time to visit family, relieve my brother & sis-in-law (Greg and angel saint Andrea) of the day to day grind of caring for the parents. I am not looking forward to any of this except seeing Greg, Andrea & their son Gavin. At least most of the job of clearing out the folks house so we can sell it has been done, I'll have to find some other form of exercise this visit. And they promise me summer weather. I'll post more from there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home