What Is Carole Up To Now?

Carole is wandering the world. Having had a couple successful careers, as a software engineer then a technical marketer, it's time to take a sabbatical and plan for the next big thing. New philosphy: "Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Barcelona - Spring Paradise

I am just back from 8 glorious days in Barcelona. Early in the spring, Ewa had been visiting there as Glenn was there for a work conference, and her friend Theresa mentioned that she needed someone to watch the dog for a couple weeks in May, while they travelled. Me! Me! Pick me! So, on May 14th Ewa and I caught a Condor flight to Barcelona. We stayed in Theresa and Mark's place, taking care of Nicholas, the sweetest, best-behaved Golden Lab I have ever met. (They keep his kibble on an open shelf in the kitchen - the BOTTOM shelf. Most dogs would scarf it all down, including the bag, york it all back up again and then repeat as often as they could. Not Nicholas - he eats only what he's given in his bowl. Doesn't beg - he does put on the 'cute' face while you're eating, but he's not really asking for food. Amazing.)

I had gotten a new camera just before the trip, and it was a joy to use. Took 178 pictures, most of which are good. I won't post them all, but will try for a representation.

I swear, in Spain they stay up so late because every hour is really only about 25 minutes long. We'd get up, let Nicholas out, have breakfast, do a bit of sightseeing, have lunch - and then it was 6 pm! Zoom back to walk Nicholas, feed him and head back out, have dinner, sometimes go to a club and then it was 2 am! We weren't sleeping in very long either. The days flew by.

Here are a couple pics to start with, then I must propel myself out into cold, rainy Munich to do some errands. More later tonight, as I reminsce about far-off lands where the sun actually shines.

The beach - 3 blocks from the house. Sadly, I only got there twice during the trip.


Me and Ewa at Sagrada Familia, in a park across the street.


Part of Barcelona from the funicular, as we headed to Parc Montjuic. It was a hazy day, but I was so impressed with the size of the city I took some pics anyway. You can barely see the spires of Sagrada Familia in the background.

Fountain in Parc Cuitidella, also near the apartment and our train stop.

1 Comments:

At 7:32 PM, Blogger PJ said...

You are having way too much fun. Come home now! OK, then Plan B -- send me a ticket.

With deep love, and wallowing in your joy,
pj

 

Post a Comment

<< Home