What Is Carole Up To Now?

Carole is wandering the world. Having had a couple successful careers, as a software engineer then a technical marketer, it's time to take a sabbatical and plan for the next big thing. New philosphy: "Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."

Monday, June 06, 2005

Silicon Valley Mood Disorder may be lifting

While I was on email today, I got a note from a friend who says she’s job looking but it’s still flaky: recs are opened, then closed, of course after she interviews. The good news regarding the Silicon Valley Mood Disorder is that when we were first talking with Donna about using her property management service, we asked how long she thought the house would take to rent. She said she’d like to start advertising a month before we wanted it rented, and that for the first time in 4 years she has more people looking than inventory available. She said that Google, Yahoo, Intel, Altera & others are starting to relocate people into the Valley.

When she put it on Craig's list it got 3 hits within the day, and 2 followed through and came & looked at the place the next day. So take heart, it looks like the local economy is starting to pick up. It may still be patchy in places.

* * *

I’m on dial-up. I’m back in the Triassic! I really miss my cable modem. I can spend HOURS on line because everything takes so long. Except I can’t get on-line that often. Get this – there’s a single account for everyone where Logan works, which is 2 – 4 people, depending on who is in town; plus the apartment! So I often cannot get on-line during work hours. We plan to move to a place that better suits us, and when we do we’ll get DSL. (Unless it’s already there, it will take a couple months to get it.) And in the meanwhile, we’re trying to get a T-mobile account up & running so at least I’m not competing for the single account.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home