What Is Carole Up To Now?

Carole is wandering the world. Having had a couple successful careers, as a software engineer then a technical marketer, it's time to take a sabbatical and plan for the next big thing. New philosphy: "Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Melancholy baby

Even though spring is happening, I am having a bit of a down day. Gayle sent this:

As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let you down probably will. You will have your heart broken probably more than once and it's harder every time. You'll break hearts too, so remember how it felt when yours was broken. You'll fight with your best friend. You'll blame a new love for things an old one did.

You'll cry because time is passing too fast, and you'll eventually lose someone you love. So take too many pictures, laugh too much, and love like you've never been hurt because every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute you'll never get back.


Missing all my friend in far-off lands. Especially missing Mona gone the farthest of all. For Mona: I've been doing lots of things for the first time, and thinking of you when I do. I had a Turkish massage - in Turkey! I Touched Zygmunt's bell for luck- in Castle Wawel in Krakow. I rode my bike to a friends house in Munich. Hope to have more to report soon. I won't be riding in a fighter jet or racing a corvette, but in my way I'm stretching out of my comfort zone.

2 Comments:

At 12:44 AM, Blogger PJ said...

You are my hero.

 
At 12:19 AM, Blogger I18n G.A.L. said...

Well, if we ever get a house of our own, I will be holding a clothes swap, and you will definitely be invited. And then you can think, 'little did I know when I went to the clothes swap in Mountain View that the next one would be in England, and I would be arriving there from Germany', and you can marvel at the rapidly changing universe, and question the past, and be pleasantly surprised.
Or perhaps you could just come for a visit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home