What Is Carole Up To Now?

Carole is wandering the world. Having had a couple successful careers, as a software engineer then a technical marketer, it's time to take a sabbatical and plan for the next big thing. New philosphy: "Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Heading to the UK

Yesterday night we had a monster thunderstorm. Shook the building! It took about an hour to roll through. I have not been in a storm like that in my memory. Of course, it was pouring this morning, so the planned cross-country walk (International Women's Club outing) was cancelled. So I finally updated my web site (www.caroleamos.com).

Tomorrow I get to have another adventure: taking the S-Bahn to the airport, catching a flight to Manchester UK. Logan will pick me up, we'll stay the night in Lytham St Annes. Logan's there for work, for a couple weeks. Friday we'll drive to Bowness in the Lake District for the weekend.

I hope I take the right clothes (of the few I have here.) The weather is even more variable than the Bay area because it may have a big temperature swing plus a big precipitation swing. I need to find a hair style that looks good wet!

I will regale you with the trip info, after I return on Tuesday the 21st. Have a nice weekend, y'all.

2 Comments:

At 6:27 PM, Blogger Elf said...

What is Carole up to now? I'ts been a whole week? Inquiring minds want to know!

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Carole said...

Well, I got back Tues afternoon the 22nd. Drive to Manchester, plane to Munich, S-Bahn to Unterhaching, dragging the suitcase to the apartment. I was wiped! Plus, it was a bit of a bummer becoming stupid again - gotta learn German. Where a good babblefish when you need one?

I have done 7 loads of laundry, 2 grocery shopping trips and one successful visit to City Hall to get our registration papers started since then.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home