What Is Carole Up To Now?

Carole is wandering the world. Having had a couple successful careers, as a software engineer then a technical marketer, it's time to take a sabbatical and plan for the next big thing. New philosphy: "Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Midweek, and it's gotten COLD here

Tuesday June 7. Not much to today, except that we’re going to England! Logan is to cover testing at a BAE location in Warton, Lancashire. I will join him on June 16, we’ll take the weekend in the Lake District, then I’ll come back to Munich on Tuesday and he’ll be back on Friday that week. I am really looking forward to this! It has gotten severely cold here. The daytime high is about 55. I still forced myself out for a walk, went back to Perlacher Forst. It was great walking through the trees, and seeing the wildflowers and hearing the birds.


Wednesday June 8. Still cold here. I may need to buy clothes! Went to my first monthly meeting of the International Women’s Club. Got to explore a part of Munich I had not been in yet as I was 30 minutes early for the meeting. There were at least 40 women in attendance, and the speaker was very interesting. After the meeting, many of us headed to a nearby restaurant for lunch. I hope to make friends there, although I fall between groups. There are women my age & older, with grown children, and there are younger women just starting their families. But the membership is over 125 women, so eventually I may find someone more like me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home