What Is Carole Up To Now?

Carole is wandering the world. Having had a couple successful careers, as a software engineer then a technical marketer, it's time to take a sabbatical and plan for the next big thing. New philosphy: "Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Summer in Upstate New York

Dear readers, while my life is taking some interesting turns and dips, I have been squeezing in some fun in the summer sun here in Rochester. And here’s a list of some of my “firsts” in memory of Mona, who some years ago asked me “When was the last time you did something for the first time?”
- Boating on Long Pond.

- Boating on the Bay. Greg was piloting Andrea’s Dad’s boat.



- Riding Andrea’s bike from her house to Charlotte and back again.
- Kayaking on Cranberry Pond from 10:00 pm until 1:30 am, watching the Persied meteor shower.


- Tubing on the Pond.


- Exfoliating on the weeds in said Pond after I ditched and we learned that adults have a hard time scrambling back onto a tube. So I got towed into shore. Eeeew.

- Going out to hear a band at a bar by myself. Boy, is that difficult to do. Once I got there, I had absolutely no idea what to do with my hands. Weird, isn’t it - something you do not think about when you’re with other people. But the blues band was good and the place was crowded, so it turned out OK. I finally relaxed and enjoyed it completely.

- Helping to move a refrigerator out of the basement. Ooof.

- Driving barefoot.

- Dinner, mini-golf and walking on the pier and beach with Gavin.

- Playing Euchre! OK, that’s not the first time but first in a while. I remembered how and it was so much fun.

Best birthday present ever! If you can’t read the shirt, it says “Don’t blame me. I voted for Pedro.” Sawheeet!


2 Comments:

At 6:59 PM, Blogger PJ said...

You inspire me more than you'll ever know.

Deep love,
pj

p.s.: I found the pond on the satellite version of Google Maps. It's gorgeous! Why would you ever want to come back to California?! (Oh, yeah, winters...)

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Elf said...

My mom grew up boating (mostly canoeing) on lakes in upstate New York, and we did some of that as kids. Nothing like it out here in the bay area.

-ellen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home